- 1 cup SR Flour
- 2 tablespoons dutch processed cocoa
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 150 gr butter melted & cooled
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant expresso coffee granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup marsala
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 2 extra teaspoons cocoa Mascarpone Cream
- 250 gr mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
Beat all 3 ingredients in a small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Cover & pop in fridge.
- Grease your 8 or 10 inch camp oven or a ovenproof dish.
- Have your ingredients ready.
- Put your heatbeads on as by the time you mix this they should be ready.
- Sift flour & cocoa; stir in castor sugar then milk, egg, syrup & half the butter.
- Spread mixture into camp oven.
- Stir brown sugar, coffee granules & boiling water in a heatproof jug or bowl (about 2 -3 cup capacity) until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in marsala, cream & remaining half of butter.
- Slowly pour coffee mixture over the back of a large spoon, over pudding batter.
- Place 5 heatbeads under camp oven & 15 around the lid.
- This should give you temperature of around 180 deg. Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Check all is going ok at around 20 minute mark. When cooked it should be firmish to touch in centre.
- Take heatbeads off lid & stand for 5 minutes. Dust the top over with the extra cocoa.
- Serve with Mascarpone cream or plain whipped cream or icecream + strawberries.
- Make close to serving time as if left to stand cake will absorb chocolatey sauce.
Enjoy a simple to make dessert that is pretty impressive camping.
Recipe & Pics Courtesy Lisa Turner