- 6 chicken cutlets - slashed three times
- Olive oil
- 5 capsicum
- 1 large onion diced
- 5 big garlic cloves crushed
- 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- 3 - 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup water Salt & white pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 largish sweet potato- peeled & sliced in 1inch slices then cut each slice in half.
- Roughly chop 4 capsicum . Puree with tomato paste & 1/4 cup of water. This will make up around 2 - 3 cups of capsicum puree. Finely slice 1 capsicum into strips.
- Sprinkle salt & white pepper over chicken. Heat up camp oven. Approx 24 beads under base.
- Warm up oil & fry chicken till nice & golden. Remove & place in bowl. Place onion, capsicum strips & crushed garlic in camp oven - fry off till softened ( about 2 - 4 minutes) . Stir in spice & cook until fragrant - About a minute or 2.
- Add capsicum puree mix , diced tomatoes & 1 cup water. You could pop in a crumbled chicken cube if you feel like it. Stir together then add chicken cutlets & any juices. Bring to boil then remove some of the bottom heat to reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- Stir through parsley. Pop lid on with 2 or 3 heatbeads on top. Let simmer for about 40 minutes .
- Add sweet potato & simmer till it is cooked through. Add a little water if it starts to thicken too much.
Serve with rice, sour cream & grated cheese. Suitable for 8 chicken cutlets. Would serve 4 .
Note: If you wish to spice up further add 2 teaspoons chilli flakes when frying off spices & scatter with fresh sliced chilli when serving.
Note: If your camp oven starts going off the simmer just use a few of the heat beads you took off after frying, back under to bring it back to simmer. Enjoy your meal.
Recipe & Pictures Courtesy our Camp Oven Queen Lisa Turner