Mustardy Toad in the Hole
You will need -
10 inch camp oven
Sieve ,Whisk & Bowl
- 2 medium red onions peeled & cut into wedges
- 16 lean beef chipolata sausages
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme deleafed
- 2 tbs olive oil Mustard Batter
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup SR flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard.
- Preheat camp oven base till warm.
- Tip in oil, onion wedges,thyme & sausages.
- Gently fry for about 15 minutes till sausages are browned.
- Stir every now & then - you don't want burning !!
- I used 16 beads under to gently fry.
- Whisk eggs, milk & mustard in bowl.
- Sieve plain & SR flour over & whisk until batter is smooth.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Pour batter over sausage mix in camp oven.
- Put lid on.
- About 22 heatbeads on top & 7 under to bake this.
- Cook for 30 minutes till golden brown on top.
- You are aiming for a 220 degree temperature.
Serve with green salad & tomato relish or sauce. Enjoy
Recipe and pictures by Lisa Turner