Lisa's Award Winning Recipe
- 1 warm stubby of beer
- 3 cups of SR flour
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes
- 1 rounded teaspoon garlic powder
- About 1 cup of cubed feta cheese
- About3/4 to 1 cup of green & black olives sliced. Pat dry on paper towel.
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves ( dried or fresh)
- 1tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Pinch of salt
- Sift flour into large bowl then mix in remainder of dry ingredients.
- Add olives & feta - lightly stir.
- Add half a stubby - cut in with knife like a scone.
- Add the rest of stubby & lightly mix.
- You don't overmix just bring it altother until combined.
- On a floured board with floured hands shape in to a flattish ball.
- Mark top with a cross with floured knife and flick a little flour over the top
By this time your camp oven should be nice & hot. Sprinkle some flour on base , when it starts to change colour pop in damper in a 12 or 14 inch camp oven. Cook for 35 - 40 mins. Cook till golden brown & sounds a little hollow when tapped