Steamed Golden Syrup Puddings
12 inch camp oven with trivett & water boiling in it. About 1 inch deep. Have extra water on the boil to add if necessary.
- 6 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 cups SR flour 175 gram butter - cubed & softened to room temp.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 extra tablespoons golden syrup
- Whipped or double cream or icecream to serve
- Place 1 tablespoon of syrup into the bottom of 6 x 1 cup capacity greased teacups.
- Put all other ingredients into a bowl and mix with a electric beater (if you have power ) if not mix all the wet ingredients then beat in flour 1 cup at a time.
- Spoon into cups & cover tightly with alfoil.
- Place onto trivet in camp oven & put lid on.
- Put about 12 heatbeads on lid as well as keeping on the boil.
- Water should be half way up cup so add more water now if needed.
- Steam for about 50 mins or until they feel springy.
- Tip into to a bowl or plate & add cream or icecream.
- Enjoy Be careful when removing cups from water.
- A wet oven glove or mitt will be HOT.
Recipe and Pictures by Lisa Turner