Serve warm with butter, jam or syrup, Really nice toasted the next day as well.
- 4 cups SR Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup full cream milk powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 375 ml jar ( or near too) apple sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Optional 1 - 2 green apples peeled & finely diced
- Combine dry ingredients & stir to combine.
- Stir in diced apple.
- Mix in a jar of apple sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup of water cutting through with a knife.
- Mix to a soft dough consistency adding a little water if needed.
- Sprinkle a small handful of flour in camp oven.
- Pop lid back on.
- Check after a couple minutes.
- When flour starts to turn light brown - temperature is about 200.
- Roll dough in - just a tiny sprinkle of flour over top.
- Cook for 35 - 45 minutes.
- Base should release & top of damper, golden brown.
Recipe & Images Courtesy Lisa Turner